Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Yup, got fifth in the Cat 4 race at opus. I think I'm kind of slow. whatever, i just want to win a race for once in my life (not kidding, i've never once won a race on the road). Ann Hansgate led me out on the final points sprint in the race, it was one of the coolest things i have ever seen, we're going pretty fast, and she's slowly bringing me towards the front. Then the guys on the front start their sprint from way out, so Ann gets out of the saddle and is really hauling now, I was pretty impressed, then I was like, "oh, i gotta sprint now", and proceeded to get 5th in the last sprint. oh well. oh, then she immediatly lined up for the next race, the women's, and won it. Wow. I wish she wasn't moving away in a couple months, she's amazing.

In other news, I haven't shaved in probably a couple of weeks (actually, i shaved my legs today, but not my face). It's now so long I'm scared of the pain that will accompany the shave. I don't like pain, you see, "I'm not a fighter, I'm a lover" - quote also said by Roberto Gaggioli (Monex), to another rider who wanted to fight. Here's his brief account, I'm putting it in because he's one of the sweetest cyclists ever.

"That's when I lost my temper, and I regret it. I waited for him after at the finish line, to ask him why he did that. And I could see him coming towards me to fight again. At that moment I don't know if it was for defending myself or what, I just grabbed a two-by-four; everyone knows about it, I'm not lying - when we did the hearing with the USCF, I admitted it. And I apologized, I lost my temper. I grabbed it to scare him. I hit the bike. I didn't try to hurt him. If I wanted to hurt him I would hurt in him the race, you know? That's the easy way."

YEAH! two-by-four, Robbie McWho?

ed

2 Comments:

Blogger j said...

i am ever-amazed by the leg-shaving taking precedence over face-shaving phenomenon. all the bearded men with smooth girly legs. la.

9:35 AM  
Blogger screechworld said...

yea, i tried to hit roberto gaggeoli with a 2 by 4 too.

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home