Friday, April 28, 2006

Today has been great so far. I went with Professor Kirkby on the river bluffs hike to preview it for next week, and he was talking about how all the surveys the students were taking were going. I didn't want to ask how my student's evaluated me but he just told me on his own I got good marks. I'm kind of surprised and super relieved, not that those things matter at all, but I did put alot of effort into teaching that lab. Seriously though, I skrewed up so many times this semester. My favorite was the first day when I couldn't decide what to say so pretty much just stood at the front of the class and rubbed my stomach.
After the hike, we talked about the evolution of primates in paleontology and then the prof took out some fossil skulls, and it was super fun. Then I got some work done on a term paper, went to a review session, and found out I probably won a scholarship for next year from the department. I was pretty stoked, but also at the same time crashing from having drunk coffee a couple hours earlier. It was wierd.
Kansas State is coming tonight, they'll probably get in at 1 in the morning like last year. Those guys are cool though - Smelser, Brady, and Dallas are all good guys and know how to race bikes.
One final thing, my roomate Matt got two wisdom teeth removed this afternoon, and is currently on his way to Madison for the Mifflin Block Party. He has assured me he isn't drinking tonight, but will wait until tomorrow. I guess he's in the car with two cups of ice pressed against his mouth, and in considerable pain. However, I'm 95% sure he will be compeltely hammered tomorrow night. I have no idea how he does it. We used to call him the living legend, after he took that train home from a party. His 21st birthday was pretty impressive too, when he took 16 drinks in an hour and fourty five minutes (drinks like the three wise men and such). Anyway, a rainy Ken Woods race is in store for tomorrow, should be fun.

ed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home