Wednesday, May 24, 2006

yeah, yesterday didn't go so sweet for me. i got taken out just before the second sprint. it's funny, there was so much slowing/braking, then accelerating on the hill that i got tired of it and moved to the left a little to make my own line. joe dubay (i think) hit his brakes (which caused a wheel overlap with mine) and swerved to his left and took out my front wheel. i guess it wasn't really his fault, because someone in front of him braked. i blame the entire 4s field because they don't know how to ride an entire race at race speed. i've heard good things about joe though, i guess he's one hell of a cross-country skier. he appologized after and i was probably a little short with him, but it was nice of him. In my opinion, the 4s field should all be riding close to full out on a sprint lap, at least that's how it is in the collegiate races. A lot of people were real nice to me yesterday but I wasn't in a very good mood, what with a destroyed rear wheel and all. however i appreciate it. with that in mind...

a big skreech-volume shout out to:
mikey and skreech, sorry I was pissed off all day and congrats to mikey for winning the 4s race
denny appleman, for helping with my bike
the photographer guy who was showing me pictures of the crash and was making jokes about it - it was actually pretty funny
my parents, who happened to be there luckily


In other news, my phone ran out of batteries yesterday so if anyone tries calling me they won't get me for a while, as i'm at my parents house for a few days helping them with yard work. The only other thing that I can complain about is the (fairly) new Dune book, The Butlarian Jihad. I don't know if any of you guys are into those books, but the new authors just don't cut it in my opinion. Their characters are shallow, near-sighted, and bland. Frank Herbert's characters always blew me away, that's what i like about Science Fiction. It's people and ideas that can blow your mind away, but these new guys aren't cutting it for me. But don't get me wrong, i'll still read all their books and probably enjoy them, but man, there is so much more potential in the story line.

Brain, i know you love sci-fi too, so don't pretend like you don't. And i also heard brain has been watching movies on the WE network, or was that me?

ed

2 Comments:

Blogger screechworld said...

whatever, all those cybil shepard movies suck.

8:05 AM  
Blogger screechworld said...

Oh, if you need some wheels, let me know.

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home