Sunday, July 22, 2007

Hey,

You heard it here first. Eric Thompson is a national champion. Junior 17-18 Short-track Mtn. Bike National Champion. Yay!!!


Well, I'm in Anchorage at the moment, heading back out to Aniak in the morning. I got a message today telling me to cancel my flight to Kotzebue and go back to Aniak instead. I'll be working out of Aniak for a few days, then heading north for the next three weeks or so. The northern camp works in the Baird Mountains, a western spur of the Brooks Range. It's well above the Arctic Circle, and it's really quite beautiful up there, though I only spent parts of two days in the area in early June. It should be nice to go back. The big goal for August is to see the Aurora Borealis in all its splendor. Here's a couple pictures of the land around the camp I'll be working out of. Not too bad.




Saw Mikey and Sickboy in Denver. Had some good times, and lots of good naps. I also met his parents. The best part was I somehow managed to avoid riding a bicycle the whole time. For a while I even thought I was going to be racing the Mt. Evans Hillclimb. Now that would have been funny.

1 Comments:

Blogger Baba said...

Mount Evans. I still wake up in a cold sweat. Everyone should do it once. At about 12,000 you start wondering WTF you're doing there. Then it gets hard.

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home